http://www.theiwh.com/

Sunday 20 August 2017

The Sailor and his boat that'll cross the globe


In my last post I wrote about Cdr. Abhilash Tomy and his upcoming project the Golden Globe Race 2018. In case you missed it and want to give it a glace, here you go!
https://laxmitodiwan.blogspot.in/2017/08/a-sailor-at-heart-and-explorer-in-soul.html

He sent me a picture of his boat. It did look magnificent but so small that it was difficult for me to even imagine that it could actually round the earth. I am aware that even the tiniest things can be pretty mighty and this boat, The Thuriya is certainly one. About his boat he said that he felt as if she was talking to him. Once you establish that kind of relationship you'll do all that it takes to be in it and cherish the beauty of that love. Bonds are not created just for nothing!

I am truly a supporter of anything that's not ordinary. The out of the box ideas energise me. Not that I am a gutsy woman who can do the tight rope walking. Things affect me so much so that I can't even drive on a busy road.... forget busy not even in the best of the roads to be precise!

I love to talk about positivity, optimism and the hunger to follow one's dreams. I believe that any dose of inspiration needs to be shared, you never know who gets motivated to pursue his own set of dreams taking a leaf out of that story. That makes me follow this journey upto the race with Tomy.
My liking for Anything but Ordinary, guess what? That's the brand promise of my organisation too. No wonder I love what I do! Coming to the point, I have been following Abhilash in his gutsy, adventurous to the extent of  near impossible actions but he achieves them no matter what. I've known him for long, since school days that makes a silver jubilee, nothing less. He always stood out doing something that no one would even imagine. He went on to become a Naval pilot, that again are in minority. The sailing bug bit him and how, leading him to circumnavigate the earth. Have been a distant spectator to all that. I'd drop a message once in a while if I read his interview or heard him commenting on something. Only telling him if he was out of his mind. That probably would be the outcome of most of our conversations.

He is preparing to be a part of the Golden Globe Race 2018, who wouldn't accept the prestigious invite? It's certainly an honour to be one of the 5 sailors chosen from around the world. Guess that'd be any sailor's dream. It's not that simple as the race will go back in time and good 50 years, thats's half a century! It requires meticulous planning and a whole lot of detailing. Can't afford to miss anything on the indent sheet. Above all it requires guts, that he has in abundance.

He sent me a video posted by The Week, saw it and as usual messaged, "OMG! why do you want to risk so much. You are an achiever and an inspiration, just chill and be happy." He replied, "I like the kick." May be that kick makes him who he is. I wish to share that video with you all, here.
I am sure you connected with Abhilash's take on the upcoming event. His fundraiser is slowly and steadily taking him towards that vision. If you wish to support the fundraiser do click here, spread the word @Ketto fundraiser - 'Cdr Abhilash Tomy in the Golden Globe Race 2018'.

https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/abhilashtomyGGR?utm_source=campaigner&utm_medium=fbautopost&utm_campaign=abhilashtomyGGR&utm_term=campaign_push&utm_content=254539&shby=1

Follow his page for all the excitement: https://www.facebook.com/abhilashtomysailing/
Website:
http://www.abhilashtomy.com/

Pictures and video courtesy, Abhilash Tomy and The Week

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good blog wish more people would read this , you offer some really good suggestions on Best Boat Detailing Near Me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete