http://www.theiwh.com/

Tuesday 3 April 2012

The best trip of my life


I love travelling, seeing new places, new cultures, interacting with different people. Travels are fun and have a whole lot of learning especially for children. Of the many outings that I’ve had the Lonavla trip remains one of the best as it was a very spontaneous one. Others have been well researched and planned to the last detail.


It was Thursday 1st September 2011, I was in my office.  Around 1.30 pm got a call from my husband saying that our 5 year old son Arnnav had a long weekend, Monday 5th September was a holiday for him. Hubby is in the Merchant Navy so is away from home for 3-4 months. He loves these little breaks with family but hates to make the itinerary or the bookings for that matter. I understand that fully being a Captain he has all his travel plans and hotel stays arranged for him so, while on leave he expects his hotelier wife to do the same! His logic being it’s my field and I do it better...He loves all the vacations that I plan, in fact he still talks about our 15 day honeymoon to Kerala, says that was the best vacation of his life. We explored the whole or Kerala, God’s own country! Talks often about it and I don’t mind making the arrangements for our travels and vacations. So what started from honeymoon still continues…… I am the travel planner/ tour operator for my family.

So I looked for places close by to Mumbai as we had just 3 days; Saturday afternoon to Monday. Hubby loves driving so I had to make sure that he fulfills his passion for long drives, it was monsoon in Mumbai so Lonavala had to be the place. Didn’t want to go up to Goa and make it hectic for our younger son Abhinav who is just 2 years old. I looked for the best hotel deals there in Lonavala. Most of them were booked. Finally settled for a resort there and told hubby about my plans. He liked it as always. On reaching home I saw that the boys seemed to be excited as hubby had already told them about our monsoon trip to Lonavala. We were ready preparing for our weekend getaway! Bags were packed Friday evening as I was working half day on Saturday. On the D- day 3rd September 2011, hubby and kids picked me up from work and we drove to Lonavala. Had a beautiful drive. The visibility was almost zero, It was pouring cats and dogs! We reached the resort and had a relaxing evening.
On the way to Lonavla
I had looked for up places to visit while there and activities that would keep our sons not just occupied but enjoying  and making the most of this trip. It was also a kind of gift to our elder son who was turning 5 on 7th September.  We had a function planned for family and friends on his birthday. The planning and bookings for the venue, menu, games and events all happened on the phone while we were driving around in Lonavala.  Both were great. We all had a nice time at Lonavala and the 5th birthday party was a hit with everyone. People loved the get together and enthusiastically participated in all the fun games and other events.
The drive in the monsoons
At the end of the week, I had a very happy husband and kids who loved the trip as well as the birthday party! And me of course… a happy wife and a happier mom. Then got  back into our routine schedules, me with my work, Arnnav back to school, Abhinav enjoying his time with his grandparents and waiting for his elder brother to head home so that they can have their common adventures and Capt. Rajesh Todiwan back sailing. Our Next trip was to Corbett National Park during the December vacation. All arrangements, travel and accommotion and sightseeing was perfect, kids loved the jeep and elephant safari. The summer vacations will be here soon, the next destination for us will be Coorg.



At the Wax Museum




The waterfall

On the way to Bushi Dam

Out of the city
Kids enjoying the drive around the Lonavla hills





On our way back to Mumbai
The thick fog in the rains.


This post is an Official entry for Mahindra XUV's Incredible Stories  hosted by IndiBlogger. 

3 comments:

  1. hello there..

    In one word " Fabulous"
    Very nice post i really like all this pics & your provided information. One suggestion for you should keep all this pics in one personalized photo books to make more attractive all the pics.

    anyways thanks again for sharing this post
    Good luck
    Kaolin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Many thanks for going through my post and leaving your comment and valuable suggestions. I am fairly new here, still to learn a lot. Will certainly apply your suggestions.. first I need to learn how to do that though.
      Warm Regards,

      Laxmi.

      Delete